Rising Star Award Applications Now Open
Rising Star Award Application Portal
This award showcases rising star pain researchers in Australia, and may be awarded annually subject to the application of suitable candidates. The Rising Star Winner will receive a return domestic airfare, accommodation, and complimentary registration to attend the 2018 APS 38th NZPS Conjoint ASM, where they will give a plenary presentation to showcase their work and ideas.
Rising Star Award Application Key Dates
Rising Star Award applications open
Wednesday 2 August 2017
Rising Star Award applications close
Friday 13 October 2017
Notification of acceptance
Award winner registration deadline
Friday 23 February 2018
- Nominees must hold a PhD, and be within 5 years of conferral by the deadline of this award application.
- Applicants can be working in any field of pain research, including basic science, biomedical, clinical and other applied or cross- disciplinary sciences.
- The selection committee will take into account personal or extenuating circumstances that might provide grounds for consideration if the above eligibility criteria are not met.
Please include details in the nomination form such as:
- Time out for maternity/parental leave/carer’s leave/illness
- Significant breaks in research time (e.g., due to clinical work, reduced research-focussed post-doctoral employment)
- Pro rata (so relative to opportunity for those working as clinicians or teaching/research posts)
- Only individual scientists are eligible (not research teams)
- Applicants must be available to attend APS NZPS 2018, and to deliver the Rising Star presentation
- Applicant must be a member of the APS, or be prepared to join. To join please click here.
- Australian citizen/resident, currently working in Australia and have spent at least two post-doctoral years in Australia, or have returned to continue working in Australia
This award will be based on excellence in pain-related research achievement, demonstrated from the applicant’s track record, including:
- Specific research achievements or discoveries
- Research impact/application
- Collaboration achievements – independent of your supervisor
- Publication record (quality and impact of publications; e.g., H-index, standing of journals, citations)
- Grants obtained (as a Chief Investigator)
- Patents held
- Peer recognition: Awards or prizes, national profile, international profile.
Further information on the application process will be made available before August 2017.