Pre-Conference Workshop Details
Time: 8.30 am – 12.30 pm
Cost: $175 (Member of RMSANZ and ISPO) | $195 (Member of RMSANZ or ISPO) | $250 (Non-Member)
Max capacity: 30 delegates
This workshop is a joint venture between RMSANZ and ISPO Australia
Stay up to date with the latest componentry, guided by acknowledged experts in the field. Select appropriate socket design, knee joints, feet/ankle components for your patients in a multidisciplinary format of 4 case studies over 2 -2.5 hours covering scenarios from a young traumatic amputee to an elderly transfemoral K1-2 level amputee.
The 4 cases, discussed interactively, will allow us to explore the different ends of the market, from Enable funded, NDIS or compensable, traditional socket designs all the way to osseointegration, mechanical through to microprocessor knees and ankles. An app format will be used to encourage audience participation for questions raised in the scenarios.
Optimal decision making in prescription demands a multidisciplinary approach:
1. Physician input informing relevant medical issues.
2. Prosthetist expertise in available/optimal componentry and manufacture.
3. Physiotherapist expertise in physical impairments and gait training.
Prosthetist: Mr David Howells AM
Physiotherapist: Ms Cathy Howells AM
Rehabilitation Medicine Physician: Dr Ross Hawthorne
Key learning objectives:
1. Ensuring optimal prosthetic prescription for the transfemoral amputee.
2. Understanding principles of gait training depending on patient’s goals and level of function.
3. Understanding current componentry for a range of patients given the patient’s goals, funding model, and skills of the physiotherapist.
4. Exploring sports prescription and training in the young transfemoral amputee
Rehabilitation medicine physicians, rehab medicine registrars, physiotherapists
Please click on the program below to download a copy