The Executive of the Spine Society is committed to making the Spine Society of Australia Annual Scientific Meeting accessible to early career participants. To honour this commitment, the SSA is offering Scholarships for Australasian (Australia / NZ) Early Career ASM attendees. A total of $10,000 is being made available for scholarship. Funding for the scholarships is supported by SSA membership fees and profits from previous conferences.
Scholarship applications for SSA 2019 will close midnight AEDT Tuesday, 5 February 2019.
Opportunity to participate in the leading conference on Spine related disorders in Australia and stay up to date with the latest industry products and services available. Applicants may apply to receive all or part funding for:
- Registration for the 2019 SSA conference
- Reimbursement for travel and accommodation
A funding maximum of $1,500 can be applied for, per individual.
Accommodation and travel for successful applicants must be arranged by the individual and sent to DC Conferences for reimbursement.
To be eligible to receive a conference scholarship for the 2019 Spine Society of Australia ASM in the Gold Coast, candidates must:
- Fulfil one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program, or
- Be currently enrolled in a masters by research, or a PhD, or
- Have been awarded a PhD within the previous five years or, where there has been significant career interruption for maternity or parental leave, carer's responsibility, illness, have been awarded a PhD within the previous eight years.
- and, not be employed in a senior role at a medical or research institution or university (e.g. Senior Lecturer);
- Provide a written statement from their institution stating that other possible sources of funding have been applied for and institutional funding is not available (or state the funding that has been made available)
- Ensure the Recommendation Form is submitted by their employer, supervisor or academic instructor (download Recommendation Form below)
- Complete the self-nomination form (with signature) – nominations by other parties will not be accepted
- Agree to have their name published as a scholarship recipient in the conference app and on the SSA website
- Agree to provide a written report (300 words) within 2 months of the conference on how their attendance at the conference has assisted in improving their knowledge, skills and service delivery
Priority is given to those applicants:
- Who have submitted an abstract for consideration for an oral or poster presentation at the 2019 SSA Annual Scientific Meeting
- Whose participation will help enhance their own knowledge, skills and service delivery
- Who have a sound plan for disseminating and implementing the acquired knowledge
- Nominations must be made via the official nomination form, please download the application form via the link below. Applicants are required to submit the following documents to SSA2019@dcconferences.com.au:
- Completed and signed application form
- Statement from employer or student body confirming other sources of funding have been applied for and no institutional funding is available
- Recommendation form completed by an employer, supervisor or academic instructor
- Applications will be reviewed by members of the SSA Executive, who will make a final list of recommended successful applicants to the SSA Executive
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by no later than Thursday, 21 February 2019
- The decision of the review panel is final and no further discussions will be entered into
Application Forms to Download: