10 March 2021 - Abstract submission open
30 June 2021 - Abstract submission closes - Deadline Extended
Mid July 2021 - Author Notification
On behalf of the Australian & New Zealand Spinal Cord Society (ANZSCoS), the organising committee would like to call for abstracts for the Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) of ANZSCoS, to be held as a virtual meeting from 27-29 October 2021.
Submitted abstracts must represent original work, which has either not been published or only published within the last year. The Review Committee will select abstracts for oral or poster presentation unless the author indicates a specific preference for poster presentation. Poster Presenters may also be given the opportunity to have a Rapid Poster Presentation in the Conference Program.
Abstracts relating to the conference theme of: Paddling Our Waka Together and focussing on the following key areas as outlined below will be given preference for inclusion in the program.
*Submissions on other topics representing spinal cord injury will be also be considered under the 'other' category
All abstracts will be reviewed by the ANZSCoS 2021 Scientific Review Committee within a few weeks of the closing date. Updates will be communicated by the Conference Secretariat. Some abstracts will need to be amended and you may be asked by the Review Committee to submit these changes. It is the intention of the Review Committee to use the amendment process to assist authors to improve the value of their abstract.
All presenters must register for a minimum of one day of the conference by the Early Bird Deadline for registration (6 October 2021) or the presentation will be withdrawn from the program.
Abstracts should be submitted using the abstract template provided here and submitted online by 30 June 2021.
• Should be 250 words or less, exclusive of title, author(s) names, and institutional affiliation(s)
• All submissions should be in Microsoft Word
• Abstracts should fit onto a single A4 page
• Please use 11pt Arial font
• Abstract title should be in BLOCK CAPITALS
• Authors’ names should be on the next line
• In case of more than one author please underline the name of the presenting author
• Do not include degrees or titles
• Authors’ organisations/institutions should include the suburb/city, state and country of the organisations/institutions
• Please do not use abbreviations unless defined in the abstract
• Care should be taken to ensure high quality English expression and grammar
• Please DO NOT include any tables, graphs or images with your abstract(s)
Abstracts should use the following layout as a guide, if unsure about the layout of your abstract, please contact the ANZSCoS secretariat.
Submitted abstracts can be edited any time prior to submission deadline on 30 June 2021.
This should be succinct and descriptive of the presentation topic or study.
Give a brief outline of the topic or the reason and aims of the study.
Give a short description of discussion and points of the topic or if for a study, describe the study population or specimen preparation, data collection and processing.
For a study provide the important statistical results (such as confidence intervals, p values or correlation coefficients). For a topic this section is less important.
Make simple statements that either summarise the topic or that are supported by the evidence shown in your results.
Best Presentation Prizes
Prizes will be awarded at the closing session. A prize will be awarded for each of the below categories:
Best Oral Presentation – Scientific
Best Oral Presentation – Quality/Outcomes
Best Poster – Scientific
Best Poster – Quality/Outcomes
Responsibility for the accuracy of the abstracts and the agreement of co-authors with the content of the abstracts rests with the principal author.
- The presenting authors of successful abstracts need to register and pay to attend and present at the Conference.
- Successful abstracts will be published online.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by members of the ANZSCoS 2021 ASM Scientific Program Committee whose decisions are final.
- Disclosure of any conflict of interest and sources of funding for research must be made by the authors of an abstract.
The presenter information can be updated at a later stage should your abstract be accepted.
ANZSCoS Conference Secretariat email@example.com Tel: +61 2 9954 4400