Abstract Submission Open
Submission Deadline: Monday, 1 April 2019
Review Outcome Email Notification: Monday, 22 April 2019
(These dates are subject to change)
Call for Abstracts
On behalf of the Australian & New Zealand Spinal Cord Society (ANZSCoS), the organising committee would like to call for abstracts for the Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) of ANZSCoS, to be held at the Pullman Melbourne Albert Park from 21 - 23 August 2019.
Submitted abstracts must represent original work, which has either not been published or only published within the last year. The Review Committee will select abstracts for oral or poster presentation unless the author indicates a specific preference for poster presentation. Poster Presenters may also be given the opportunity to have a Rapid Poster Presentation in the Conference Program.
Oral Presentations: will be for 15 minutes. This is inclusive of 5 minutes’ question and answer time.
Posters should be printed to a maximum size of 100cm W x 100cm H and presenters should bring their own Velcro to affix the posters to the provided poster boards.
Abstracts relating to the conference theme of: ‘SCI - Working Together Now & Tomorrow” and focussing on the following key areas as outlined below will be given preference for inclusion in the program.
Submissions on other topics representing spinal cord injury will be also be considered under the free paper category
All abstracts will be reviewed by the ANZSCoS 2019 Scientific Review Committee within a few weeks of the closing date. Updates will be communicated by the Conference Secretariat. Some abstracts will need to be amended and you may be asked by the Review Committee to submit these changes. It is the intention of the Review Committee to use the amendment process to assist authors to improve the value of their abstract.
All presenters must register for a minimum of one day of the conference by the Early Bird Deadline for registration (Monday, 1 July 2019) or the presentation will be withdrawn from the program.
Abstracts should be submitted using the abstract template provided and submitted online by Monday, 1 April 2019
• Should be 250 words or less, exclusive of title, author(s) names, and institutional affiliation(s)
• All submissions should be in Microsoft Word
• Abstracts should fit onto a single A4 page
• Please use 11pt Arial font
• Abstract title should be in BLOCK CAPITALS
• Authors’ names should be on the next line
• In case of more than one author please underline the name of the presenting author
• Do not include degrees or titles
• Authors’ organisations/institutions should include the suburb/city, state and country of the organisations/institutions
• Please do not use abbreviations unless defined in the abstract
• Care should be taken to ensure high quality English expression and grammar
• Please DO NOT include any tables, graphs or images with your abstract(s)
Abstracts should use the following layout as a guide, if unsure about the layout of your abstract, please contact the ANZSCoS secretariat.
Submitted abstracts can be edited any time prior to submission deadline on Monday, 1 April 2019
This should be succinct and descriptive of the study
Give a brief reason for the study. Provide a clear statement of the aims of the study
Give a short description of the study population or specimen preparation, data collection and processing.
Important statistical results (such as confidence intervals, p values or correlation coefficients) should be included.
Make simple statements that are supported by the evidence shown in your results
Best Presentation Prizes
Prizes will be awarded at the closing session. A prize will be awarded for each of the below categories:
Best Oral Presentation – Scientific
Best Oral Presentation – Quality/Outcomes
Best Poster – Scientific
Best Poster – Quality/Outcomes
Responsibility for the accuracy of the abstracts and the agreement of co-authors with the content of the abstracts rests with the principal author.
- The presenting authors of successful abstracts need to register and pay to attend and present at the Conference.
- Successful abstracts will be published online and in the Conference Handbook.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by members of the ANZSCoS 2019 ASM Scientific Program Committee whose decisions are final.
- Disclosure of any conflict of interest and sources of funding for research must be made by the authors of an abstract.
The presenter information can be updated at a later stage should your abstract be accepted.
ANZSCoS Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +61 2 9954 4400