RISING STAR AWARD APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
Applicants will be notified in November of the outcome.
This award showcases rising star pain researchers in Australia, and may be awarded annually subject to the application of suitable candidates. The Rising Star Winner will receive a return domestic airfare, accommodation, and complimentary registration to attend the 2017 APS 37th ASM, where they will give a plenary presentation to showcase their work and ideas.
Rising Star Award Application Key Dates
|Rising Star Award applications open
||Monday 1 August 2016
|Rising Star Award applications close
||Friday 21 October 2016
|Notification of acceptance
|Award winner registration deadline
||Friday 24 February 2017
- Nominees must hold a PhD, and be within 5 years of conferral by the deadline of this award application.
- Applicants can be working in any field of pain research, including basic science, biomedical, clinical and other applied or cross- disciplinary sciences.
- The selection committee will take into account personal or extenuating circumstances that might provide grounds for consideration if the above eligibility criteria are not met.
Please include details in the nomination form such as:
- Time out for maternity/parental leave/carer’s leave/illness
- Significant breaks in research time (e.g., due to clinical work, reduced research-focussed post-doctoral employment)
- Pro rata (so relative to opportunity for those working as clinicians or teaching/research posts)
- Only individual scientists are eligible (not research teams)
- Applicants must be available to attend APS 2017, and to deliver the Rising Star presentation
- Applicant must be a member of the APS, or be prepared to join. To join please click here.
- Australian citizen/resident, currently working in Australia and have spent at least two post-doctoral years in Australia, or have returned to continue working in Australia
This award will be based on excellence in pain-related research achievement, demonstrated from the applicant’s track record, including:
- Specific research achievements or discoveries
- Research impact/application
- Collaboration achievements – independent of your supervisor
- Publication record (quality and impact of publications; e.g., H-index, standing of journals, citations)
- Grants obtained (as a Chief Investigator)
- Patents held
- Peer recognition: Awards or prizes, national profile, international profile.
To apply for the Rising Star Award please complete the online application form accessible via this page and submit along with the following:
- No more than 2 pages and a 250 word executive summary
- Work history in the past 5 years
- Publications (highlight how they have made an impact)
- Awards and prizes
- Letters of recommendation
- From at least one but up to two referees
- No more than 1 page each
Submission deadline is 21 October 2016