Topical Session Submission Portal Now Open
Put on your creative thinking caps and consider proposing ideas beyond the traditional, formal three speaker format. We are looking for innovation – your session can be a healthy debate or an in-depth discussion. We encourage sessions to be interactive, like including an audience poll or awarding prizes. This is your chance to tackle big topics like pain philosophy, ethics in research and pain, controversial conversations in pain, or go niche, exploring one area from numerous perspectives. Proposed symposia that include a range of experience (early career to senior) and professional expertise will be prioritised.
Topical Session Submission Key Dates
|Topical Session submission closes
||11.59pm AEST, Tuesday 11 October 2022
|Notification of acceptance
|Presenter registration deadline
||Tuesday 21 February 2023
Instructions to submit a topical session for inclusion in the Scientific Program:
- The nominated chair of the topical session will be responsible for collating and submitting all material for the topical session and for all communication with the Conference Secretariat.
- The submission must be accompanied by a topical session summary, which will include:
- Discussion of Topical Session content (maximum 200 words)
- Target audience
- Four (4) key learning objectives
- Topical sessions that include speakers from varied institutions will be given preference over submissions that include speakers from a single institution.
- Topical sessions will be allocated 90 minutes within the conference program and should involve the Chair plus a maximum of four presenters.
- The Chair will nominate the speakers and the titles for each presentation in the session.
- Individual abstracts from presenters are not required.
- The Chair will complete the topical session application form online via the website, giving names, contact details and short biographies of all presenters in the session.
- The APS SPC will be responsible for reviewing the applications for all topical sessions.
- Notification of acceptance or otherwise will be made in October 2022.
All presenters and chairs must register for a minimum of one day of the conference by the Early Bird Registration Deadline Tuesday 21 February 2023, or the Topical Session will be withdrawn from the program.
Please note: There is no funding or discounted registrations available for submitted topical sessions.