Abstract submissions have now closed.
If you have any enquiries about abstract submission, please click here.
Submissions opened – Monday 3 November 2014
Submission deadline – Monday 9 February 2015
Papers can be on any topic relevant to medical history but we are particularly interested in the overarching topic of Missions, Methods and Management. Due to time constraints, in the first instance no more than one paper per primary author and one jointly authored paper will be accepted for each presenter. If a presenter offers additional papers, the surplus items will be placed on a reserve list and may be called upon to fill available spaces.
Presentations will be 20 minutes in length with an additional 10 minutes for questions and discussion.
A limited amount of financial assistance is available for postgraduate students of history (Student Bursary application) and postgraduate students may enter their papers for the Ben Haneman Memorial Prize. For more information on either of these initiatives, please contact the conference organisers.
- Only online abstracts will be accepted
- Abstract title should be in BLOCK CAPITALS
- Authors’ name should appear on the next line
- In case of more than one author please underline the name of the presenting author
- Do not include degrees or titles
- Authors’ organisations/ institutions should appear on the next line and should include the suburb/city, state and country of the organisations/ institutions (if applicable)
- Authors should note the word count at the end of the abstract
- Research should not already be published or have been presented at another conference
- Financial assistance can only be sought by delegates who have not presented the content of the abstract previously
- If elements of the research have been presented elsewhere, the abstract must include new and original elements
- Information presented at the meeting needs to be consistent with what was included in the submitted abstract
- In submitting an abstract, authors acknowledge that their abstract may appear in conference materials, including printed, online and social media formats
- Abstracts must be 300 words or less, inclusive of title, author(s) names, institution(s) and references
- Please do not use abbreviations unless defined in the abstract
- Care should be taken to ensure high quality English expression and grammar
- All submissions should be in Microsoft Word format